10 GREAT Fall Date Ideas
All aboard for FRUTO (Boston’s BEST Frugal Tour*).
Whether it be on Boston Harbor with Mass Bay Lines or on land throughout the Greenway, Boston offers a range of date possibilities that you can take advantage of this fall! From amazing bonfires to numerous carousel rides the opportunities are endless! Keep reading if you have champagne tastes and a tap water budget:
- BONFIRES add warmth and excitement to a date night. There exists a new and exceptional one, along the waterfront trail near Fan Pier Marina with ample sitting around the gas pit it is perfect for an Autumn eve with your significant other! Visit http://www.fanpierboston.com/location
- The CAROUSEL along the Greenway is the BEST five bucks you’ll ever spend, it’s a throwback to simpler times and is sure to awaken the kid in any of us. See http://www.rosekennedygreenway.org/visit/greenway-carousel/
- The USS Constitution National Park is always hosting events from LIVE concerts on the Commandants lawn to Period Actors re-enacting colonial days. There is also terrific public tennis courts no one ever uses- can you say: Love 30 See https://www.nps.gov/bost/learn/historyculture/ussconst.htm
- There is a nearly free HARBOR SHUTTLE to Charlestown, operated on behalf of MBNA it takes 8 minutes and costs a mere $3.75. Yes, they sell beer but you better drink fast! Perfect way to cool off and clear your head before heading to the Bunker Hill Monument- or to see the USS Constitution fire their cannons at Sunset. See http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/boats/lines/?route=F4
- The Apple store has countless workshops at either the Boylston or Cambridge locations- all FREE! And rarely are there more than 5 people so it is more like a private tutorial in areas that include photography, videography, or simply how to maximize all the features in your phone, desktop or tablet,
- BILLIARDS anyone? Why pay fees or wait in line? The Brooks Brothers store at 75 State Street is always available for a free mid-day game or even better the Envoy Hotel, just over the Moakley bridge into the Seaport, offers a great table- and you can sip a cool beverage before heading to their super sultry rooftop bar/ lounge. Visit http://theenvoyhotel.com/
- Institute for Contemporary ART Visit https://www.icaboston.org/ also has a FREE Thursday night from 5-9pm and is an excellent opportunity to reveal your romantic side whilst also increasing your cultural awareness. This is an exceptional Museum and offers varied installations and exhibits sure to delight and surprise.
- SPORTs in this city can be found on every corner. With some really terrific games, pick your favorite sport, on almost every corner or campus! BU or BC have tremendous soccer teams, and look out for rival games.
- CHESS games in Faneuil Hall? Yup and so much more. FH is not just for visitors anymore. See http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com Or if you like outdoor games of a more physical type check out Lawn On D and their never ending cascade of music and entertainments amongst toys and games adults love to play! See https://signatureboston.com/lawn-on-d/community-activities/special-events
- Mass Bay Lines continues to Rock the Seas with live music, sunset and moonlit cruises, as well as harbor Tour and Holiday cruises at ridiculous prices. Call today and say RADAR (our dog mascot) sent you and ENJOY two tix for any cruise! Check out www.massbaylines.com today
For more information about Mass Bay Lines, please feel free to give us a call at (617) 542-8000 or through our online contact form today!