By: Kelsey J.Summer is all about getting to enjoy the outdoors with friends and family. We put together a list of 15 less common and unknown activities to do in Boston this summer!
1. Search for the Lady in Black on George’s Island
An apparition is said to wander the grounds in black robes. To get there grab the public ferry from Long Wharf North. Adults: $17 / Seniors $12 / Students & Military $12 / Children $10 / Under 3 FREE.
Call to make a reservation: (617) 223-8666 | http://www.bostonharborislands.org/#!georges-island/cld4
2. Take a Ghost and Gravestone Tour with Haunted Guides
Located beside the Marriott Long Wharf Hotel on 200 Atlantic Ave, corner of state street.
Call to make a reservation: (866) 754-9136 | http://www.ghostsandgravestones.com/
3. Test your rock climbing skills at Boston Rock Gym
Take the kids for “Kid’s Climb” or enjoy their “Outdoor Top Rope” prices veary call to make a reservation: (781) 935-7325 | http://www.bostonrockgym.com/
4. Become a Pirate for an Afternoon by Sailing on Pirate Ship Formidable
Watch crew climb the rigging while setting sail into the Boston Harbor; telling tales of pirates, patriots, and privateers. Conveniently located at Rowes Wharf Boston.
Call or visit site to make a reservation: (617) 542-8000 | www.massbaylines.com
5. Explore Sunken Shipwrecks and Underwater Ledges with Boston Scuba
Book a diving charter and choose your dive site and bring your lunch.
Call to make a reservation: (617) 418-5555 | http://bostonscuba.com
6. Spend the night in a Secluded Campsite or Yurt on the Boston Harbor Islands
Camp out the traditional or luxurious way on Peddock’s Island with the family or as a couples retreat.
Call to make a reservation: (617) 223-8666 |http://www.bostonharborislands.org/#!peddocks-island/cxxk
7. Dash Across the Boston Harbor on Codzilla
Hold onto your hat and embrace the waves as you travel at 40 miles per hour.
Call or visit site to make a reservation: (617) 733-9425 | http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/codzilla/